Matt Canavan has quit Cabinet amid citizenship doubts relating to a Conversation with his Mother about her concerns on his Italian ancestry.
According to the Italian Government, he is an Italian Citizens. Matt will seek legal Advise because he was unaware he was an Italian Citizen.
His mother Parents were born in Italy, Matt was Born in Australia
Matt Canavan Biography
- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for Queensland 2013 (term began 1.7.2014) and 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Northern Australia from 18.2.16 to 19.7.16.
- Minister for Resources and Northern Australia from 19.7.16.
- Committee service
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Economics: Legislation and References Committees from 1.7.14 to 23.2.16; Environment and Communications: Legislation Committee from 1.7.14 to 3.3.15.
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 1.7.14 to 9.5.16; Public Works from 1.7.14 to 2.3.15 and from 4.3.15 to 4.2.16.
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 1.7.14 to 4.2.16; National Disability Insurance Scheme from 1.7.14 to 15.6.15.
- Joint Select: Northern Australia from 1.7.14 to 23.2.15.
- Senate Select: Wind Turbines from 27.11.14 to 3.8.15; Murray-Darling Basin Plan from 25.6.15 to 23.2.15; Abbott Government’s Budget Cuts from 17.7.14 to 9.5.16 (renamed Scrutiny of Government Budget Measures on 11.8.15); Unconventional Gas Mining from 12.11.15 to 23.2.16.
- Parliamentary party positions
- The Nationals Party Whip in the Senate from 10.9.15 to 9.5.16.
- Born 17.12.1980, Southport, Qld
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEc (Hons), BA (Qld).
- Senior Research Economist, Productivity Commission 2003-08.
- Senior Executive, KPMG 2008-09.
- Director, Productivity Commission 2009-10.
- Chief of Staff to Senator BTG Joyce 2010-13.
- Scorching Hot News Source information from the Parliment of Australia Website, A link to his Matt Canavan File