Government transcript by Left-Wing Politician Sam Datyari setting up a Committee to Control the News in Australia. This is corruption by our Politicians to shut down Conservatives and the Silent Majority.
Speaker Senator DASTYARI (New South Wales—Deputy Opposition Whip in the Senate) (17:14): I, and also on behalf of Senators Ludlam, Xenophon and Lambie, move:
(1) That a select committee, to be known as the Select Committee on the Future of Public Interest Journalism, be established to inquire into and report on:
(a) the current state of public interest journalism in Australia and around the world, including the role of government in ensuring a viable, independent and diverse service;
(b) the adequacy of current competition and consumer laws to deal with the market power and practices of search engines, social media aggregators and content aggregators, and their impact on the Australian media landscape;
(c) the impact on public interest journalism of search engines and social media internet service providers circulating fake news,(The World is saturated with left-wing Propaganda, Sam who are you trying to shut down? It’s obvious the Truth, The Real News). and an examination of counter measures directed at online advertisers, ‘click-bait’ generators and other parties who benefit from disinformation;
(d) the future of public and community broadcasters in delivering public interest journalism, particularly in underserviced markets like regional Australia, and culturally and linguistically diverse communities;
(e) examination of ‘fake news’, propaganda, and public disinformation (what is fake News Sam? Anyone who doesn’t agree with the Left), including sources and motivation of fake news in Australia, overseas, and the international response; and
(f) any related matters.
(This Clearly proves that the Senate Committee is set up to shut down Conservatives or the Truth News)
(2) That the committee present its final report on or before (7 December 2017). (Sam will you make this report public??)
(3) That the committee consist of seven senators, as follows
(a) two nominated by the Leader of the Government in the Senate;( A Couple of Turnbulls Lefties )
(b) two nominated by the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate;( More Lefties)
(c) one nominated by the Leader of the Australian Greens;( God help us the Watermelon, A you Serious Sam)
(d) one nominated by the Nick Xenophon Team; and ( We all know now that Nick has bitten the lefty Apple )
(e) one nominated by minority party and independent senators.( One from a Minority Party is that right Sam, That’s not fair and balance)
(a) participating members may( Sam what does May mean mate?) be appointed to the committee on the nomination of the Leader of the Government in the Senate, the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate or any minority party or independent senator; and
(b) participating members may participate in hearings of evidence and deliberations of the committee, and have all the rights of members of the committee, but may not vote on any questions before the committee.
(5) That the provisions of standing order 29 apply with respect to quorum.
(6) That the committee may proceed to the dispatch of business notwithstanding that not all members have been duly nominated and appointed and notwithstanding any vacancy.
(7) That the committee elect as chair one of the members nominated by Leader of the Opposition in the Senate and as deputy chair the member nominated by the Leader of the Australian Greens.( The Greens so anti-Australian you would think they working for foreign power)
(8) That the deputy chair shall act as chair when the chair is absent from a meeting of the committee or the position of chair is temporarily vacant.
(9) That, in the event of an equality of voting, the chair, or the deputy chair when acting as chair, have a casting vote.
(10) That the committee and any subcommittee have power to send for and examine persons and documents, to move from place to place, to sit in public or in private, notwithstanding any prorogation of the Parliament or dissolution of the House of Representatives, and have leave to report from time to time its proceedings and the evidence taken and such interim recommendations as it may deem fit.
(11) That the committee have power to appoint subcommittees consisting of three or more of its members and to refer to any such subcommittee any of the matters which the committee is empowered to consider.
(12) That the committee be provided with all necessary staff, facilities and resources and be empowered to appoint persons with specialist knowledge for the purposes of the committee with the approval of the President.
(13) That the committee be empowered to print from day to day such papers and evidence as may be ordered by it, and a daily Hansard be published of such proceedings as take place in public.
(It’s clear that Left Wing Sams Intentions are to shut down the Small bits of truth news that trickles into our Country)
Chamber Senate on 10/05/2017 Item COMMITTEES – Select Committee on the Future of Public Interest Journalism – Appointment Speaker: Dastyari, Sen Sam
You might want to read: Mr Pyne’ Dastyari was stood down. And now he’s back. he actually asked donors to pay for his own personal expenses!